A truly versatile ice axe thanks to its modular construction making it easy to adapt to suit any situation. Its balance and ice pick allow solid placements on any type of ice.
Structure is entirely modular making it easy to adapt and modify
The Quark weighs only 460g, without accessories, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs.
Maximum weight of 550g with hand rests fitted
Interchangeable Ice pick is tapered at the tip for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape gives stable hooking on both ice and rock.
Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip and insulation from the cold.
Carabiner hole loacted under the GRIPREST
Comfortable in either hand.
Versatile ice axe:
- Shaft curved below the head and GRIPREST QUARK handrest at the bottom of the shaft to protect the hands on ice climbs
- Shaft has a steel spike and is straight enough for use in piolet-canne mode
- Shaft is hydroformed for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft, for snow couloirs
- Overmolded bi-material handle provides good grip while insulating from the cold
- TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests strengthen the grip on difficult sections
- 550 g with PANNE or MARTEAU
Efficient placement on a variety of types of ice:
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3.3 mm) and versatile across different types of terrain: snow, ice, and mixed
- Compatible with MASSELOTTES weights to modify the balance and improve the inertia of the ice axe
The ALPEN ADAPT system makes it completely modular:
- Entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- Interchangeable with ICE, PUR'ICE, DRY, and PUR'DRY picks to adapt to different terrain objectives (snow, ice, or mixed)
- Adze and hammer are interchangeable
- TRIGREST QUARK handrest is height adjustable without tools
- GRIPREST QUARK handrest folds in easily for planting the ice axe in snow
- Connection hole is compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing
- Only 465 g, not including accessories
Pick type: 2
Shaft type: 2
Material(s): Aluminum, steel, glass fiber reinforced plastic
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Sold with ICE pick, MARTEAU, or PANNE, TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests